Monday, February 14, 2011

Shining Eye

On February 13, I decided to challenge myself to do something creative every day. For Valentine's Day my darling husband got me a new book: 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and         Change Your Life! by Noah Scalin. 
Mister is so sneaky.


This book challenges the journaler to create something every day, and has daily ideas to get the juices flowing.


I do hereby reserve the right to change or ignore any and all suggestions that  a) I do not find inspiring and b) I am not able to complete. I (mostly) refuse to feel guilty if I miss a day. (However, feel free to pester me if I slack off entirely.)


As to the theme of this blog, the title comes from one of my favorite childhood poems from Robert Louis Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verses called "Time to Rise":

A birdie with a yellow bill
Hopped upon the window sill,
Cocked his shining eye and said:
"Ain't you shamed, you sleepy-head!"

Each day a new creative challenge will cock it's shining eye and shout at me, demanding that I push past explaining that I don't have time to do anything and that I start trying out all of the ideas I've been saving for later. While I'm not expecting to have my life changed by this, I do hope that I surprise myself with what I can accomplish and what I can founder. I need to learn how to do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment