Friday, September 19, 2014

Baby bird

I would like to interrupt this extended bout of radio silence to show off one of my latest craft projects.
I have been dealing with the morning sickness, worry, fatigue, and joy of pregnancy, and we are official 34 weeks today!

Not quite 34 weeks here, but pretty close.


I've had all sorts of grand plans for baby crafting, but working full time and ding anything other than the few custom orders I've gotten through my Etsy shop. You guys, working full time while knowing that I will have to continue working full time after she's born has been more difficult than I expected it to be.

However, I did have one idea that I was determined to accomplish before little Tillie is born.

Behold!

So cute, right?

I looked and looked and looked for pre-made lower case cardboard letters, and I couldn't find any that I liked.

I made my own by gluing the attached levees if cardboard together, tracing letters I printed out onto the cardboard, and cutting them out with an x-acto knife. 
This was fun because my husband got to panic while I played with a sharp object.
Then I glued each letter to a different piece of fabric, 

folding the fabric around each letter as I glued. That was probably the most frustrating part of the whole process, but I did it!

Once they were dry, I hung them up on the wall using command strips for extra renter friendliness. 

And that's it! I think they turned out really well.

I used them to decorate for an online baby shower friends and family threw for me using Google+ Hangouts. Once I have actual baby furniture for the baby room I'll be able to hang them up semi-permanently.

Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment